How do you make gifs?
In short form:
1. Turn the clips into images using any video splitter software.
2. Put the images together using Animation Shop 3. Other recommended software: Ulead animator or Photoshop.
Only photoshop is available on mac.
One of our contributor have a slightly different way:
1. Download episode or video file.
2. Open in VirtualDub.
3. Find the part that I want to use for gif.
4. Export specific frames as still images to a folder.
5. Import still images into Macromedia Fireworks 2004 as an animation.
6. Step through each frame to check for duplicate frames.
7. Delete duplicate frames and adjust the timing of the frames accordingly.
8. Clean the edges and perimeter of the images of any garbage pixels or dark spots.
9. Resize & edit to fit within the 500x500, 500kb restrictions.
10. Watermark, save & submit to tumblr.
Can you make a gif from XXXXXXX episode?
We don’t normally take request because often we have gifs lining up. If we are out of gifs then why not but it probably won’t show up until sometime later.
Also a lot of request comes from the episode of season 1 to 5 which leads to,
Why can’t you upload some of the gifs from classic episodes?
There are plenty of other tumblers makes gifs from old episodes so we don’t want to be repeitive.
What’s up with the watermark?
If you don’t like it, leave it.
Is it okay to repost one of your gifs?
Relog is always the best option whenever is possible, we don’t take kindly to people stealing our hard work and claiming it as their own.
Why won’t you post my submitted gifs?
Most of the time because it is a repeated gif, if not sometimes we might hang on till we’re out of gifs. It also might be due to poor quality.
Where did you get the videos?
Our contributors have the DVD collection so we ripped them from DVD.
Where can I watch it?
Can I join the team?
We are always looking for new contributors who are willing to join the team. So far we are looking for contributors that can:
- Make gifs and/or
- Someone who can manage our facebook site.
Shoot us a shout out in our formspring then we’ll get back to you. If you have your ask box disabled then leave us an email on formspring and we won’t reveal your message in case of spam. All the gifs you’ve made will have your own credits.
Can I have your layout theme?
Our previous theme was the edited version of bandwagon.
Our first theme:
Our current theme is based on Mutchy
You can use above themes as foundation but for our complete layout meaning all images are specifically designed for this site only so no.
Why didn’t you answer my question?
Chances are it was something we over looked or was already answered previously. Or quite possibly it just was a stupid question and we chose to ignore it.
Do you follow back?
Other than spongebob related tumblr, we don’t follow back.
Any other blogs you recommend?
If you look on to who we are following on the homepage, those are the blogs we recommend.
We also suggest striped sweater which is one of the earliest spongebob blog you can find on tumblr.
If you have any suggestions to make our a site better, formspring us anytime.